Methanex Corporation ( MEOH) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Methanex Corporation fell $1.08 (-4%) to $26.04 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Methanex Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 442,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.56-$26.70 after having opened the day at $26.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.12. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Metabolix ( MBLX), down 8.3%, Cereplast ( CERP), down 5.8%, Green Plains Renewable Energy ( GPRE), down 4%, and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 3.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Methanex Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.