PG&E ( PCG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, PG&E rose 56 cents (1.3%) to $44.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.97-$44.54 after having opened the day at $43.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.89. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Dynegy ( DYN), up 7.5%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 4.8%, GenOn Energy ( GEN), up 3.1%, and American DG Energy ( ADGE), up 2.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.