- 44 percent feel the U.S. economy will be better in 2012 than in 2011
- 45 percent expect sales growth this year versus 41 percent in 2011
- 23 percent are currently at pre-recession revenue levels
- 21 percent are currently hiring versus just 15 percent a year ago
- 21 percent plan to hire additional part-time or seasonal workers for the summer
About the Small Business Opinion PollThe study commissioned by EMPLOYERS surveyed 500 owners or managers of small businesses with 1-99 full-time employees. Data was collected through telephone interviews during the period Feb. 16 – Feb. 23, 2012 at the 95 percent confidence level. The sample is stratified across business size and industry grouping, including manufacturing/construction, transportation/communication, wholesale/retail, financial services, or personal/professional services businesses. The survey was conducted by ORC International through its Small Business CARAVAN. About Employers Holdings, Inc. Employers Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: EIG) is a holding company with subsidiaries that are specialty providers of workers' compensation insurance and services focused on select small businesses engaged in low-to-medium hazard industries. The company, through its subsidiaries, operates coast to coast. Insurance is offered by Employers Insurance Company of Nevada, Employers Compensation Insurance Company, Employers Preferred Insurance Company, and Employers Assurance Company, all rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. Not all insurers do business in all jurisdictions. Additional information can be found at: www.employers.com. Copyright © 2012 EMPLOYERS. All rights reserved.