Essex Property ( ESS) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Essex Property rose 99 cents (0.7%) to $150.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 317,813 shares of Essex Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 279,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $147.20-$150.31 after having opened the day at $147.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $149.22. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), up 35.6%, Central Federal ( CFBK), up 17.3%, Gleacher ( GLCH), up 15.4%, and United Security ( USBI), up 12.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Essex Property Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.