- The Cisco and Citrix Partner Accelerator tools help channel partners engage in consultative sales, expand their data center, desktop virtualization and collaboration practices, and develop repeatable solutions.
- It provides tools that better enable resellers who are partners of both companies to build a Cisco VXI with Citrix XenDesktop practice and deliver complete solutions that combine virtual desktops, voice and video for built on optimized data center, network and collaboration infrastructure.
- The Cisco and Citrix Partner Accelerator also makes available sales and marketing resources, which reduce the partners’ time-to-market and allow partners to compress customer sales and implementation cycles. Additional benefits that enhance partner profitability include proof-of-concept and assessment funding.
- Additional details on the initiative including eligibility requirements and instructions on how to sign up are available on the Cisco and Citrix Partner Accelerator website.
Cynthia Gallant, vice president, worldwide channel strategy and market development, for CitrixCitrix and Cisco have been working together for over two years to bring a complete solution to the market based on the Cisco VXI platform that addresses the critical customer requirements to enable secure access to desktops, applications and data from anywhere and any device, while reducing operational complexity and cost. The Partner Accelerator, the next step in the evolution of our partnership with Cisco, arms our joint partners with the tools and training they need to build more strategic relationships with customers and grow their business by increasing revenue and shortening the sales and implementation cycle. Richard Bernard, national practice lead, advanced systems, for ePlus We have aligned our lines of business to sell VXI and desktop virtualization solutions. Taking a more prescriptive approach with customers packaging VXI and XenDesktop, we’ve found that this strategy resonates really well with customers. As a result we have been able to very quickly develop a set of solutions that meet varying customer needs and create new pipeline in a very short period of time. When Cisco and Citrix asked for input on the Partner Accelerator we were able to provide feedback that I am happy to say has been included in the development of this initiative. I expect that it will help us win business in the months ahead. Pierre Hall, workplace business line director, for Computacenter Desktop virtualization is a key pillar of the contemporary workplace enabling greater flexibility and productivity. Computacenter has been helping its customers realize the full potential of virtualization for more than 10 years using both Citrix and latterly Cisco technologies as transformation drivers. By combining our industrialized processes with the Cisco VXI strategy and Citrix XenDesktop, we will be able to help customers remove cost and complexity from the workplace. We joined the Cisco and Citrix Partner Accelerator in March 2012; it’s a compelling initiative that will support our go-to-market propositions and enable Computacenter to better meet the needs of its customers.
Stan Sotiropoulos, data center practice leader, for Logicalis AustraliaThere’s a clear trend of employees bringing consumer devices into the workplace, and expecting the same IT experience at work as they are used to at home. Our customers are telling us that creating a more flexible IT environment with desktop virtualization and enabling BYOD is one of their top priorities. We’ve responded by developing the Logicalis Virtual Workspace, which integrates VXI and desktop virtualization and can be delivered as an on-site, managed or hosted solution. To successfully architect and bring this solution to market in a short timeframe, we’ve worked closely with Cisco and Citrix. Being part of the Partner Accelerator pilot extends this partnership and will enable our sales and technical people to better sell, position and implement the Logicalis Virtual Workspace solution. We’re very excited to take on this market opportunity, and expect great things from this partnership. Related Links
- Blog: Can an Alliance make Desktop Virtualization Easier? Gary says yes! by Pamela Ferrill, Cisco
- Blog: Cisco and Citrix: A New Alliance for the Cloud Era by Simon Hayes, Citrix
- Video: Cisco VXI with Citrix XenDesktop
- Announcement: Oct. 12, 2011 - Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution Brings Unified Voice and Video to Virtual Environments
- Announcement: Sept. 8, 2010 - Cisco and Citrix Deliver Comprehensive Desktop Virtualization Solution
- Cisco and Citrix Partner Accelerator page
- Citrix and Cisco Strategic Alliance page
- Cisco Virtual Desktop with Citrix XenDesktop page
- Citrix XenDesktop page
- Twitter: @Citrix, @xendesktop, @Cisco Systems
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.Citrix® is a trademark or registered trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners. Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.