AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities fell 84 cents (-0.6%) to $137.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 643,995 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 648,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $136.28-$139.36 after having opened the day at $138.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $138.26. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Bluegreen Corporation ( BXG), down 9.1%, Stratus Properties ( STRS), down 8.4%, SYSWIN ( SYSW), down 6.3%, and NTS Realty Holdings ( NLP), down 5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AvalonBay Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.