Ingersoll-Rand ( IR) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ingersoll-Rand rose $1.15 (3%) to $40.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.7 million shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.98-$40.33 after having opened the day at $39.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.04. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Compx International ( CIX), up 16.4%, Omega Flex ( OFLX), up 13.2%, A123 Systems ( AONE), up 7.9%, and P & F Industries ( PFIN), up 7.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.