- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- STWD's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 17.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 95.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.76, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- STARWOOD PROPERTY TRUST INC has improved earnings per share by 23.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, STARWOOD PROPERTY TRUST INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.41 versus $1.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.89 versus $1.41).
- The gross profit margin for STARWOOD PROPERTY TRUST INC is currently very high, coming in at 75.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 64.50% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 476.74% to $174.13 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STARWOOD PROPERTY TRUST INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 25.90%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.