AmeriGas Partners ( APU) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, AmeriGas Partners rose 31 cents (0.8%) to $40.01 on light volume. Throughout the day, 97,263 shares of AmeriGas Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 216,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.63-$40.26 after having opened the day at $39.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.70. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Niska Gas Storage Partners ( NKA), up 9.8%, Delta Natural Gas Company ( DGAS), up 4.1%, and Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AmeriGas Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.