Validus Holdings ( VR) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, Validus Holdings rose 17 cents (0.6%) to $31.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 876,203 shares of Validus Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 938,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.10-$31.55 after having opened the day at $31.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.09. Another company within the Insurance industry that increased today was Eastern Insurance Holdings ( EIHI), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Validus Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.