Quicksilver Resources ( KWK) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 4.1%. By the end of trading, Quicksilver Resources rose 6 cents (1.6%) to $3.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of Quicksilver Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.61-$3.96 after having opened the day at $3.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.74. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Tri-Valley Corporation ( TIV), up 11.2%, HKN ( HKN), up 4.4%, WSP Holdings ( WH), up 3%, and Gasco Energy ( GSX), up 2.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Quicksilver Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.