Sturm Ruger & Company ( RGR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2%. By the end of trading, Sturm Ruger & Company rose 62 cents (1.6%) to $39.11 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Sturm Ruger & Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 738,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.41-$39.12 after having opened the day at $38.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.49. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), up 10.6%, Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), up 8.2%, Emerson Radio ( MSN), up 3.6%, and Furniture Brands International ( FBN), up 2.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Sturm Ruger Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.