- Net sales and operating revenues increased 4% to $2.77 billion from $2.68 billion in the first quarter of last year.
- Used unit sales in comparable stores were flat for the quarter.
- Total used unit sales rose 3% in the first quarter.
- Total wholesale unit sales declined 2% in the first quarter.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income increased 8% to $75.2 million from $69.7 million in the prior year quarter.
- Net earnings decreased 4% to $120.7 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, compared with $125.5 million, or $0.54 per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net earnings were increased by $0.01 per share in the current year period and $0.03 per share in the prior year period as a result of favorable CAF loss experience.
CarMax, Inc. (NYSE:KMX) today reported results for the first quarter ended May 31, 2012.