Vulcan Materials Company ( VMC) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Vulcan Materials Company fell 44 cents (-1.3%) to $34.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 257,717 shares of Vulcan Materials Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 671,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.17-$34.96 after having opened the day at $34.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.91. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: India Globalization Capital ( IGC), down 10%, Comstock Homebuilding Companies ( CHCI), down 5.5%, Avalon Holdings ( AWX), down 5.3%, and Argan ( AGX), down 4.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Vulcan Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.