Telefonica ( TEF) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Telefonica rose 8 cents (0.6%) to $12.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.44-$12.67 after having opened the day at $12.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.50. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Motricity ( MOTR), up 12.4%, RIT Technologies ( RITT), up 9.6%, FairPoint Communications ( FRP), up 9%, and Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), up 7.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.