ABM (NYSE:ABM), a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, today released its Corporate Sustainability Report for 2011, becoming one of the first facility services companies in the U.S. to provide detailed information on its sustainability practices in consecutive years. The comprehensive report is based on the disclosure guidelines provided by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the world’s most widely used framework for sustainability reporting, and serving as the Communication on Progress (COP) and continued support of the UN Global Compact. The report, covering fiscal year 2011, details ABM’s commitments and practices with regard to its corporate social responsibilities, both inside the Company and at the level of the products and services that ABM’s subsidiaries provide to clients. ABM’s participation in the GRI reporting standard reflects the Company’s continued and ongoing commitment to driving the sustainable development of the economy, society and the environment. The report can be found on our website here and readers may provide comments, questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org. “As a responsible corporate citizen, ABM is fully committed to conducting all of our business activities in a manner so as to ensure a sustainable future for our employees, stakeholders and the community at large,” said Henrik Slipsager, president and chief executive officer, ABM. “I am proud to work alongside nearly 100,000 colleagues that continue to find new and innovative ways each day to drive sustainability across multiple markets for a highly diverse set of clients.” The ABM Corporate Sustainability Report for 2011 ABM’s 2011 report outlines each aspect of sustainability within the Company’s diverse service offerings. ABM submitted the report for third party assessment to The Centre for Sustainability and Excellence (CSE), and subsequently disclosed additional GRI indicators as compared to 2010. CSE’s evaluation can be found in the last few pages of the report. Notable highlights in this year’s report include:
- ABM’s Green Care™ Program surpassed 310 million square feet of building space serviced in 2011. The program, which began in 2006, was servicing 271 LEED Certified buildings as of October 31, 2011.
- The acquisition of The Linc Group early in the fiscal 2011 year significantly expanded ABM’s client offerings and its sustainable capabilities in its facility solutions and energy segments. Through ABM Facility Solutions and ABM Energy Services, ABM provides expertise for clients and business partners to help optimize energy efficiency for different property types across multiple disciplines.
- Further emphasizing a commitment to providing dependable, advanced energy-related services, ABM began installing and maintaining electric vehicle charging stations throughout the United States.
- How ABM is managing its risks in relation to corporate social responsibilities, including risks/opportunities for ABM due to potential climate change regulation.
- ABM’s community support of the International and American Red Cross, along with the Company’s support of both local community high schools and institutions of higher education.
ABOUT ABMABM (NYSE:ABM) is a leading provider of integrated facility solutions. Thousands of commercial, industrial, government and retail clients outsource their non-core functions to ABM for consistent quality service that meets their specialized facility needs. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include expansive facility services, energy solutions, commercial cleaning, maintenance and repair, HVAC, electrical, landscaping, parking and security, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. With more than $4 billion in revenues and 100,000 employees deployed throughout the United States and various international locations, ABM delivers custom facility solutions to meet the unique client requirements of multiple industries –- ranging from healthcare, government and education to high-tech, aviation and manufacturing. ABM leverages its breadth of services, deep industry expertise and technology-enabled workforce to preserve and build value for clients’ physical assets. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its subsidiaries, was founded in 1909. For more information, visit www.abm.com.