Alpha, a division of Checkpoint Systems, Inc. (NYSE: CKP), today announced here at National Retail Federation’s annual Loss Prevention Conference and EXPO the launch of two new security solutions for wine and spirits. These solutions, the1 alarm Omni Guardé Bottle Cap and the Adjustable Bottle Collar, are the latest products to join Alpha’s extensive and innovative bottle protection portfolio. According to the 2011 Global Retail Theft Barometer, the alcohol/liquors category is one of grocery’s highest risk product lines, with an average shrink rate of 2.47% globally (vs. the average global rate for all retail items of 1.45%). 1 alarm Omni Guarde Alpha’s new 1 alarm Omni Guardé is a one-size-fits-all solution that combines a high level of security with the ultimate ease of use for the protection of wine and spirits. It offers a one-handed application and removal and is available in both AM and RF technologies. Additional features include:
- Patented Alpha S3 security that can only be removed with the retailer’s key.
- Clear cap design provides premium aesthetics and allows for easy readability of the bottle label and tax information.
- Apparent benefit denial provides a strong visual deterrent.
- Single cap solution fits more than 90% of bottles on the market.
- Variable clasp design provides a secure grip on a wide array of bottle neck diameters.
- Rubber lining helps secure the collar as well as protect bottle foil and labels.
- Patented Alpha S3 security can only be removed with the retailer’s key.
- Secure, easy to use and maximizes display opportunities.
- Adjustable to accommodate a wide array of bottle neck sizes.
- Robust key locators make removing the product intuitive
The 1 alarm Omni Guardé Bottle Cap and the Adjustable Bottle Collar are available immediately. Both can be seen at Booth #901 at NRF. For more information, contact Jennifer Johnson-Parrott at 704-708-1338 or toll free at 888-257-4272.About Alpha ( www.alphaworld.com ) Locally, nationally, globally; ALPHA (a division of Checkpoint Systems) leads the way to the most innovative and technically advanced solutions engineered to protect retailers’ high-theft merchandise. For three decades and counting, every ALPHA product is designed with uncompromising security; ease-of-use; and the ability to deliver outstanding merchandising capabilities to help retailers reduce theft and increase sales. For more information on Jewel Lok or other ALPHA solutions to high-theft challenges, visit www.alphaworld.com, or call Diane Wise direct at 704.206.7849 x323. About Checkpoint Systems, Inc. ( www.checkpointsystems.com) Checkpoint Systems is a global leader in shrink management, merchandise visibility and apparel labeling solutions. Checkpoint enables retailers and their suppliers to reduce shrink, improve shelf availability and leverage real-time data to achieve operational excellence. Checkpoint solutions are built upon 40 years of RF technology expertise, diverse shrink management offerings, a broad portfolio of apparel labeling solutions, market-leading RFID applications, innovative high-theft solutions and its Web-based Check-Net data management platform. As a result, Checkpoint customers enjoy increased sales and profits by improving supply-chain efficiencies, by facilitating on-demand label printing and by providing a secure open-merchandising environment enhancing the consumer’s shopping experience. Listed on the NYSE (NYSE: CKP), Checkpoint operates in every major geographic market and employs 5,600 people worldwide. Twitter: checkpointsys