PROTECT THE VALUE OF YOUR INVESTMENT IN USATTo protect and realize the potential of your USAT investment, your Board encourages you to vote FOR the USAT director nominees on the WHITE proxy card:
- Creating Long-Term Value: By focusing on a high-margin service model, USAT is developing a reliable, profitable stream of recurring revenues that creates a foundation for long-term value creation.
- Financial Stability and Performance: USAT is demonstrating financial momentum and is now fundamentally better positioned for profitability and continued growth.
- Customer-Focused Market Leadership: USAT is leading the market with offerings that drive industry adoption, grow connections and leverage emerging trends.
- Continuous Innovation: USAT is developing product and service innovations in collaboration with partners and customers to optimize financial returns and long-term competitiveness.
- Leverage Intellectual Property: USAT’s intellectual property is in our view a distinct competitive advantage and affords USAT the ability to generate additional revenue through third party network fees and licensing.
- USAT’s Nominees are the Right Choice: USAT’s highly qualified nominees are already actively engaged and are the right choice to continue building value for ALL shareholders.
|Stephen P. Herbert||Steven D. Barnhart|
|Chairman and Chief Executive Officer||Lead Independent Director|
MacKenzie Partners, Inc.105 Madison AvenueNew York, NY 10016(212) 929-5500 (call collect)OrTOLL-FREE (800) 322-2885*Permission to use quotations was neither sought nor obtained. About USA Technologies: USA Technologies is a leader in the networking of wireless non-cash transactions, associated financial/network services and energy management. USA Technologies provides networked credit card and other non-cash systems in the vending, commercial laundry, hospitality and digital imaging industries. USAT has been granted 79 patents and has agreements with Verizon, Visa, Compass, Crane and others. Visit our website at www.usatech.com. Forward-looking Statements: "Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including without limitation the financial position, anticipated connections to our network, business strategy and the plans and objectives of the Company's management for future operations, are forward-looking statements. When used in this release, words such as "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend", and similar expressions, as they relate to USAT or its management, identify forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of USAT's management, as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to USAT's management. Actual results could differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including but not limited to, business, financial market and economic conditions, including but not limited to, the ability of USAT to retain key customers from whom a significant portion of its revenues is derived; the potential costs and management distractions attendant to Mr. Tirpak’s nomination of himself and six other candidates as director nominees at the 2012 annual meeting of shareholders; the outcome of the proxy contest and related litigation; whether the actions of our former CEO which resulted in his separation from USAT or the Securities and Exchange Commission’s investigation would have a material adverse effect on the future financial results or condition of USAT; the ability of USAT to compete with its competitors to obtain market share; the ability of USAT to obtain widespread commercial acceptance of it products; and whether USAT's existing or anticipated customers purchase ePort devices in the future at levels currently anticipated by USAT. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement made by us in this release speaks only as of the date of this release. Unless required by law, USAT does not undertake to release publicly any revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.