- Core EBITDA margin increased to 6.5 percent.
- GAAP operating income increased 3 percent.
- GAAP diluted earnings per share increased 2 percent.
- Operating margins expanded 10 basis points year-over-year to 3.7 percent.
- Core operating margins expanded 30 basis points year-over-year to 4.5 percent.
- Cash flow from operations increased to $186 million.
- Repurchased $31 million worth of shares and returned $17 million to shareholders via dividends during the quarter.
- Cost of revenue was impacted by a $10.1 million distressed customer charge related to a specific solar customer. Excluding the charge, gross profit margin and GAAP diluted earnings per share would have been 8 percent and $0.53 for the quarter, respectively.
|Quarterly Results||Q3 2012||Q3 2011|
|Net revenue||$4.3 billion||$4.2 billion|
|GAAP operating income||$156.6 million||$152.5 million|
|GAAP net income||$101.3 million||$104.7 million|
|GAAP diluted earnings per share||$0.48||$0.47|
|GAAP return on invested capital||19%||24%|
|Core operating income||$190.3 million||$177.8 million|
|Core earnings||$134.4 million||$129.1 million|
|Core diluted earnings per share||$0.64||$0.58|
|Core return on invested capital||24%||29%|
|Fiscal Q4 2012 Guidance Range|
|Net revenue||$4.1 billion - $4.35 billion|
|Core operating income||$170 million - $200 million|
|Core earnings per share||$0.54 to $0.66 per diluted share|
|GAAP earnings per share||$0.43 to $0.55 per diluted share|