- Securing a pandemic influenza vaccine candidate and obtaining access to all necessary Intellectual Property rights for facility process development and manufacturing,
- Constructing additional facilities to support pandemic influenza vaccine production, and
- Obtaining facility licensure to manufacture a pandemic influenza vaccine at the Baltimore facility.
As a designated Center, Emergent is also expected to provide as options under the contract:
- Manufacturing and delivery of an influenza vaccine in the event of a pandemic,
- Core advanced development and manufacturing services to other commercial partners under contract with the U.S. government for the development of biopharmaceuticals against CBRN threats, and
- A workforce development training program to enhance and maintain the U.S.-based ability to produce identified medical countermeasures.