- Total revenue for the fourth quarter increased 58.3% to $380.0 million from $240.0 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Retail net sales increased 80.3% to $172.2 million driven by 71 new store openings since the end of last year and a 36.1% increase in comparable store sales. Wholesale net sales increased 45.5% to $190.7 million and royalty revenue increased 26.9% to $17.1 million.
- Gross profit for the fourth quarter increased 63.4% to $219.1 million, and as a percentage of total revenue increased to 57.7% compared to 55.9% in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Income from operations for the fourth quarter increased 84.9% to $78.8 million, and as a percentage of total revenue was 20.7%. Excluding a $2.0 million reimbursement of professional fees associated with the Company’s initial public offering (“IPO”) in December 2011, income from operations for the fourth quarter was $76.8 million, or 20.2% as a percentage of total revenue. This compares to income from operations for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 of $42.6 million, or 17.8% as a percentage of total revenue.
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $43.6 million, or $0.22 per diluted share based on 196.9 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Excluding the aforementioned credit, net income was $41.6 million, or $0.21 per diluted share. Net income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 was $17.4 million, or $0.10 per diluted share based on 179.2 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding.
Michael Kors Holdings Limited (NYSE:KORS) (the “Company”) today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. The Company is a global luxury lifestyle brand with a multi-channel strategy, unique design and strong infrastructure that provides a platform for continued global growth. John Idol, the Company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are pleased with our results for the quarter and the year, as we experienced strong growth in both total revenue and net income. This year we continued executing our key growth strategies, resulting in a 58.3% and 62.1% increase in total revenues for the quarter and year, respectively.” For the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2012: