Aviva USA surveyed more than 2,000 U.S. adults – men and women – on their health habits and financial preparedness to uncover how these factors impact their overall well-being. The survey was conducted by Ipsos, a leading global survey-based market research company.Additional key findings related to men are:
- One in four men rarely or never exercises.
- When asked to identify the factor that most contributes to their stress, 34 percent of men said financial situation, 17 percent said family/relationships, 12 percent said job stability, 10 percent said the fast pace of life and 8 percent said their health.
- Sixty-two percent of men who are extremely stressed are also uncomfortable with their financial situation. In contrast, only 21 percent of those who say they are not stressed claim to be uncomfortable with their financial situation.
- Even though men identified financial situation as the biggest factor contributing to stress, half of all men surveyed said they rarely discuss finances with anyone.
- Only three in 10 men are comfortable with their current financial situation, and only about one in 15 are very comfortable.
- Despite the general discomfort with their financial situation, only one in five men currently work with a financial planner or advisor.
The most recent television advertisement about Aviva’s Wellness for Life can be seen on avivausa.com.About the survey The survey was conducted April 19-20, 2012. A national sample of 2,068 adults aged 18 and older were interviewed online. The sample was representative of the general U.S. population based on region, gender, age and household income data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Ipsos is a leading global survey-based market research company that helps interpret, stimulate and anticipate the needs and responses of consumers, customers and citizens around the world. About Mayo Clinic Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life. For more information, visit MayoClinic.com or MayoClinic.org/news . About Aviva USA Aviva USA is a sales leader of indexed life insurance and indexed annuities. Headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, Aviva USA also has offices in Topeka, Kan., and Melville, N.Y. Aviva USA has approximately 930,000 customers and employs 1,800 people across the country. Aviva USA is part of Aviva plc, the world’s sixth-largest insurance group, and can trace its presence in the U.S. back to 1896. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50300385&lang=en