- Support for multiple data protection technologies, including a 17-year partnership with Symantec and status as Symantec’s largest Technical Support Partner that enables Datalink’s OneCallSM technical support engineers to close 95% of all reported incidents without Symantec assistance.
- Rapid remediation and restore capabilities, which includes initiating restores within 30 minutes of the request.
- Complete visibility into backup operational performance through a customer portal that provides real-time performance reports. All reports can be scheduled for daily, weekly, or quarterly delivery.
- Real-time notification of backup failures, if and when they occur.
- A team of experienced backup managers who work closely with Datalink engineers and OneCall technical support staff, leveraging their cross-functional expertise and over 1,000 technical certifications to ensure prompt and effective problem resolution.
Datalink (Nasdaq: DTLK), a leading provider of data center infrastructure and services, today announced a new managed backup service designed to free customers’ in-house IT staff for business-critical projects by relieving them of day-to-day responsibility for data backup operations. The service leverages Datalink’s 160+ technical experts, dedicated managed services staff and more than 25 years of experience with industry-leading backup technologies to deliver robust backup protection for enterprise and mid-tier organizations with Symantec NetBackup environments, including 24x7 coverage rarely available from an organization’s own IT team. The managed backup program is the second managed service introduced by Datalink within a month. The company previously announced a managed monitoring service that continuously tracks data center infrastructure systems and applications to maximize performance and IT service delivery to end users. Together, the two new services enable Datalink customers to optimize use of their internal IT resources by outsourcing key IT administration functions to the company they already trust to supply, deploy and support their data center architecture. In addition to 24x7 remote monitoring to detect issues in the backup infrastructure to mitigate the risk of data loss, Datalink’s managed backup service features: