Kopin ® Corporation (NASDAQ: KOPN), the leader in microdisplays for consumer and military applications, will showcase its newest displays and module products at the SID (Society for Information Display) 2012 Exhibition. The event takes place June 5 – 7 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts. The highlights of the Kopin exhibit are a new low-power, high-brightness display module with WQVGA (428 x 240) resolution for mobile information snacking applications, an ultra-compact electronic viewfinder (EVF) module for camera systems, and a 4-mega-pixel display for high-resolution surveillance. Kopin has separate press releases on the WQVGA display module and EVF. “The products we demonstrate at SID are a result of our relentless pursuit for higher resolution, smaller size, higher brightness and lower power consumption to satisfy our customers’ needs,” continued Fan. “Our broad product offering ranging from transmissive and reflective LCDs to display modules to complete imaging solutions, combined with our high-volume production capabilities and strong financial position, is essential to supporting mobile imaging solutions for our customers.” New displays and modules being shown at Kopin’s booth (#177) include:
- CyberDisplay 2048M Display: With monochrome resolution of 2048 x 2048 in a 0.96” diagonal size, it is the highest resolution microdisplay. The display is intended for ultra-high-resolution surveillance and solid state replacement for image intensifiers.
- CyberDisplay 720p Display: A high-definition full-color display with 1280 x 720 resolution in a 0.49”-diagonal size is intended for portable entertainment and high-end cameras applications.
- SXGA-R5 display: A 0.88-inch reflective Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS) microdisplay with 1280 x 1024 resolution from Forth Dimension Displays (ForthDD), a wholly owned subsidiary of Kopin Corporation. With a small form factor drive PCB, it is ideally suited for applications such as simulated military equipment, viewfinders for high-end cameras and a variety of medical applications
- Ruby Module: A high-performance commercial off-the-shelf, full-color SVGA (800 x 600), plug-&-play display module in a compact, low-power package. It accepts a wide range of digital input standards, including VESA SVGA and VGA 60Hz, and is capable of operating in SVGA and VGA modes with image X-Y shifting capability to support accurate sensor alignment. Ruby is available in both military (ITAR) and commercial (EAR-99) versions.
- Golden-i Headset Computer: Golden-i headset uses natural speech recognition and gesture sensing to provide users with hands-free, spontaneous access to virtually any information in the world. Golden-i 3.5 unit is a development headset to support software application development and headset deployment evaluation prior to official product launch later this year.
- Fujifilm’s Finepix HS30EXR Digital Camera is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera that incorporates an APS-C size 16-mega-pixel back-lit CMOS sensor and Kopin’s compact electronic viewfinder with CyberDisplay VGA LVD color display with 640 x 480 resolution.
- Recon Instrument’s MOD Live Ski Goggles incorporating Kopin’s WQVGA (428 x 240 resolution) screen provides skiers and snowboarders with useful information such as speed, jump analytics, distance, pre-loaded trail maps, height and GPS location, while keeping MOD Live users connected to calls and texts via Bluetooth.
- Pulsar-NV’s Recon 550 is one of the most compact and ergonomic digital night vision devices available in the market. Combining high light gathering capacity with large magnification, Recon 550 provides one of the best viewing distances among budget night vision devices. The built-in IR illuminator permits the device to operate in complete darkness.
Safe Harbor StatementStatements in this news release may be considered “forward-looking” statements under the “Safe Harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These include statements relating to Kopin’s broad product offering ranging from transmissive and reflective LCDs to display modules to complete imaging solutions which combined with Kopin’s high-volume production capabilities and strong financial position, is essential to supporting mobile imaging solutions for Kopin’s customers; Kopin’s introduction of and performance expectations for the CyberDisplay 2048M displays, CyberDisplay 720p displays, SXGA R5 displays, Ruby modules, VGA EVFs, WQVGA modules, and Golden- headset; the expectation that the 2048M displays will be used for ultra-high-resolution surveillance and solid state replacement for image intensifiers; the expectation that 720p displays will be used for portable entertainment and high-end cameras applications; and the expectation that the SXGA-R5 display is ideally suited for applications such as high-end training and simulation as well as a variety of medical applications. These statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: our ability to produce the CyberDisplay 2048M, 720P, SXGA R-5 displays, Ruby modules, VGA EVF and WQVGA modules in volumes and at a cost sufficient to sell them profitably; customer demand for WQVGA modules and Ruby modules, SXGA R-5 displays and driver board; competitive products and pricing; manufacturing delays, technical issues, economic conditions or external factors that may prevent the Company from achieving its forecasts; and other risk factors and cautionary statements listed in the Company’s periodic reports and registration statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the 12 months ended December 25, 2010, and the Company’s subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. You should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. The Company undertakes no responsibility to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this report. Kopin - The NanoSemiconductor Company ®