- Diluted earnings per share rose to $0.35 for the three months ended April 30, 2012, from $0.14 in the previous year;
- Same store sales increased 17.8% over the same period in 2011;
- Total revenues were $200.9 million, a year-over-year increase of $8.9 million, or 4.6%, with reported growth tempered by the closing of 11 stores in fiscal 2012;
- Retail segment gross margin rose 320 basis points to 33.7%;
- Retail segment operating income increased to $10.8 million, compared to $4.9 million for the same quarter in the prior fiscal year;
- Credit segment operating income increased to $11.1 million, compared to $9.9 million for the prior-year period; and
- The Company raised earnings guidance for fiscal year 2013 to adjusted diluted earnings per share of $1.30 to $1.40.
Conn’s, Inc. (NASDAQ: CONN), a specialty retailer of home appliances, furniture, mattresses, consumer electronics, computers and lawn and garden products, today announced its results for the quarter ended April 30, 2012. Significant items for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 include: