- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SLRC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for SOLAR CAPITAL LTD is rather high; currently it is at 66.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 127.10% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $70.21 million or 39.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SOLAR CAPITAL LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -382.02%.
- SOLAR CAPITAL LTD's earnings per share declined by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOLAR CAPITAL LTD reported lower earnings of $1.69 versus $4.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.39 versus $1.69).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.