- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- BDE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.43, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 42.50% is the gross profit margin for BLACK DIAMOND INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.60% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Leisure Equipment & Products industry. The net income increased by 121.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.17 million to $2.59 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $0.52 million or 25.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 25.66%, BLACK DIAMOND INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 81.73%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model..