ShoreTel® (NASDAQ:SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple premise and cloud-based business phone system and communication solutions with fully integrated unified communications (UC), continues to see significant growth in the education vertical, with a double-digit growth rate quarter-over-quarter. As teachers, parents and students demand higher quality communications services, school boards are under pressure to modernize classrooms and infrastructures at the same time education budgets are shrinking. As a result of pressures to do more with less, many schools are looking for more cost-effective phone systems that provide reliable communications with support for next-generation mobile smartphones and devices, while saving money and IT resources. In 2012, more schools than ever before – ranging from elementary and high schools to community colleges and universities – have turned to ShoreTel for brilliantly simple solutions that fit their communication needs – either on-premise or in the cloud. “At a time when schools need to squeeze more from every dollar in their budget, ShoreTel has the answer,” said Troy Parish, vice president, GOV Programs, ShoreTel. “These are make or break times for the educational system, and schools that communicate better with all of their stakeholders will be in a stronger position to survive and thrive in the years ahead. ShoreTel is proud to bring efficiency, security and reliability.” There are more than 1,400 ShoreTel education customers across the globe, including more than 1,150 K-12 schools and over 225 colleges and universities. The ShoreTel solution provides improved communication capabilities and enhanced security, safety and economic efficiency with easily incorporated third-party applications thanks to open integration – all alongside the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry. “Critical communication, in its simplest form, is ensuring the right message reaches the right audience on the right device,” said Steve Horton, CEO of Syn-Apps. “Emergency alerts and operational functions such as intercom, bell schedules and announcements can all be integrated with the ShoreTel system allowing centralized management and reduced infrastructure costs.”
Schools across the country are choosing ShoreTel and deploying either their on-premise or in the cloud phone system with integrated unified communications to improve the connection between teachers, staff and students – and saving money in the process.For example:
- “In this economy, no one can afford to take a chance on big complicated systems, even from brand name vendors. We wanted a complete, straightforward, easy-to-use reliable solution, and ShoreTel demonstrated how it was possible—brilliantly simple became very evident.”- Allen Behnke, Director of Safety, Security and Telecom, Green Bay Area Public School District
- “Not only are we happy here in Information Technology, but campus-wide, the ShoreTel system has been received very positively. Everybody who’s attended training has given positive feedback about the ShoreTel UC system, and as people begin working with the phones, we’re hearing more and more great things.”- Michael Chahino, Director of Network Operations and Information Security, Elgin Community College.
- "When our existing vendor was purchased by another company, their maintenance model tripled our maintenance costs and they said they couldn’t honor the prices we had under contract. We rebid our maintenance, and left the door open to do a complete system replacement. We also had a new location coming on line that needed a new system. We chose ShoreTel because of the simplicity in rolling out the system, and their ongoing maintenance model seemed more affordable than their competition."- Virginia Schorle, Director-Networking & Telecommunications, St. Louis Community College.
- “We gained this state-of-the-art technology that’s simple to manage, for roughly the same price we were paying to maintain the old system. ShoreTel has given us so much more for our dollar. And we really like ShoreTel’s resiliency factor. If a switch goes down in the building, the ShoreTel system readily finds another switch to service the building. We didn’t have to pay extra for that, because failover is built into ShoreTel’s distributed architecture.”- Grover Hibberd, Associate VP of IT Services, Georgetown College.
- “We wanted a system that would make lecturers more accessible to students. ShoreTel offered us a scalable and cost effective solution that could extend to over 1,000 lecturers scattered across our many campuses.”- Deryck Jones, Systems and Communications Manager at University of Wales Cardiff.
- “Our Alcatel system would have required a hefty investment, even to get basic features such as voicemail and conferencing,” said Carlos Alberto Franco Reboreda, technology education coordinator for the University of Guadalajara, Arts, Architecture and Design Campus. “ShoreTel offered these features plus many more at an affordable price. It was simply much more cost effective to switch to ShoreTel.”