InvenSense, Inc. (NYSE:INVN), the leading provider of MotionTracking ™ devices for consumer electronics, today announced it is hosting the 2012 Motion Interface Developers Conference which is taking place on June 14, 2012 at the W Hotel in San Francisco. Participants will gain greater insight into the products, markets and future applications for Motion Interface – the sensor technology that enables interaction with devices through the use of users’ natural motion. The event is targeted to OEMs, embedded system developers, mobile application developers and product planners who are seeking to enable new consumer sensor-based experiences with health- and sports-monitoring equipment (via wearable sensors), Smart TV remote controls, electronic gaming, smartphones, tablets, and other emerging markets. Highlights of the all-day 2012 Motion Interface Developers Conference include: a market review from recognized motion interface market analysts, application specific panel discussions, and developer-focused technology tracks covering performance requirements and design considerations in areas as diverse as Location-Based Services (LBS) and wearable sensors that feature embedded Motion Interface technology. Jérémie Bouchaud, Director and Senior Principal Analyst, MEMS & Sensors, IHS Inc. and a speaker at the Motion Interface Conference noted, “In just a few short years, accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses have become the standard in smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles. In 2011 alone, some 650 million handsets contained motion sensors. This success in these markets has now opened the door for these sensors to work their way into other devices including remote controls for smart TVs, sports and health equipment and more. We are now seeing pressure sensors being rapidly adopted for fast GPS lock and for providing floor accuracy indoors. Context awareness is on the horizon requiring input from motion sensors with other sensors such as GPS, light sensors, microphones and others to scout the environment in order to anticipate user needs.”
The following sessions and speakers are scheduled for the event:Overview of the Motion Interface Market
- Jérémie Bouchaud, Director & Senior Principal Analyst, MEMS & Sensors, IHS Inc.
- Thomas Goetz, Executive Editor, Wired Magazine (moderator)
- Rajiv Kommineni, Market Development Manager, Texas Instruments
- Mark Francis, Business Venture Lead, Wearable Computing, Intel
- Andrew Chang, Co-Founder & CTO, LUMOback
- Alissa M. Fitzgerald, Phd. Founder and Managing Member, A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates, LLC (moderator)
- Stephen Whalley, Director, Sensors, Intel
- Len Sheynblat, VP Technology, Qualcomm
- Matt Miesnieks, CEO, Dekko Inc.
- Marc Prioleau, Managing Director, Prioleau Advisors (moderator)
- Richard Najarian, Sr. Director GPS Business Unit, Broadcom
- Kris Kolodziej, Associate Director, Verizon Wireless
- Josh Martini, Chief Executive Officer/Founder, PointInside
- Steve Nasiri, President & CEO, InvenSense, Inc.
- Design Considerations for Motion Interface Applications
- Sensor Performance Requirements for Motion Interface
- Motion Interface Application Demonstrations
- Developer Q&A with InvenSense Applications Team