Balance SheetContinued Balance Sheet Growth Total assets increased by $0.8 billion, or 6%, to $13.8 billion at March 31, 2012, from $13.0 billion at December 31, 2011, and by $1.9 billion, or 16%, from $11.9 billion at March 31, 2011. Our interest-earning assets for the first quarter 2012 were largely comprised of:
- Residential loans held for investment which increased by 37% to $4.5 billion from the first quarter of 2011;
- Commercial loans and leases which increased by 13% to $1.8 billion from the first quarter of 2011;
- GNMA pool buyouts which increased by 68% to $2.7 billion from the first quarter of 2011; and
- Investment securities which decreased by 22% to $2.2 billion from the first quarter of 2011.
- Non-interest bearing accounts were $1.4 billion or 13% of total deposits;
- Interest-bearing checking accounts were $2.1 billion or 20% of total deposits;
- Savings and money market accounts were $3.8 billion or 36% of total deposits;
- Global markets money market and time accounts were $1.3 billion or 13% of total deposits; and
- Time deposit accounts, excluding global markets, were $1.9 billion or 18% of total deposits.