- Only about a third of women are comfortable with their current financial situation.
- The primary factor contributing to stress for women ages 30-54 is their financial situation, while women ages 55-70 list family/relationships as their top stress factor.
- Women who report being extremely stressed are 3½ times more likely to be uncomfortable with their financial situation than those who are not at all stressed.
- One out of four women ages 30-70 rarely or never exercise.
- Fifty-one percent of women ages 30-54 admit to feeling “overwhelmed” sometimes when thinking about preparing for retirement, while 42 percent of women ages 55-70 feel the same way.
“That’s part of the reason Aviva and Mayo Clinic are working together to provide wellness benefits, resources and expertise to help our Wellness for Life policyholders manage their health,” Jones added. “We wanted to offer customers a program that encourages better financial and physical health. Our Wellness for Life rider enables people to save money on their life insurance and stay healthy with access to Mayo Clinic’s wellness resources.”Wellness for Life is a unique enhancement to a life insurance policy in the form of an optional rider that can reduce out-of-pocket premium costs over time. The cost of insurance charge is discounted if the insured visits the doctor at least every other year for physical exams, and cost savings are even greater if the insured simply maintains his or her weight within a range established at policy issue. Additionally, Mayo Clinic, an internationally renowned healthcare organization, offers supporting resources and expertise to help policyholders manage their health through the Aviva Wellness for Life program. Best of all, premium costs can only go down with the Wellness for Life program and will never increase as a result of doctor visits. The most recent television advertisement about Aviva’s Wellness for Life can be seen on Aviva USA’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/AvivaUSA. About the survey The survey was conducted April 19-20, 2012. A national sample of 2,068 adults aged 18 and older were interviewed online. The sample was representative of the general U.S. population based on region, gender, age and household income data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Ipsos is a leading global survey-based market research company that helps interpret, stimulate and anticipate the needs and responses of consumers, customers and citizens around the world. About Mayo Clinic Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life. For more information, visit MayoClinic.com or MayoClinic.org/news . About Aviva USA Aviva USA is a sales leader of indexed life insurance and indexed annuities. Headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, Aviva USA also has offices in Topeka, Kan., and Melville, N.Y. Aviva USA has approximately 930,000 customers and employs 1,800 people across the country. Aviva USA is part of Aviva plc, the world’s sixth-largest insurance group, and can trace its presence in the U.S. back to 1896. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50280358&lang=en