Today , Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR), a global leader in digital display technology, unveiled a digital display box that incorporates a transparent display to create a first-of-its-kind merchandising and exhibition solution. The 32-inch Planar® LookThru™ Display Box is an enclosed showcase fronted by a clear glass surface that can display multimedia content in front of products placed inside the unit.
- Complete solution. Each Planar LookThru Display Box is a fully-equipped display solution, with a Planar transparent active matrix LCD which fronts the metal enclosure. Planar’s ERO™ (Extended Ruggedness and Optics™) technology provides a rugged, touch-compatible surface in front of the LCD.
- Image quality. Planar’s Ultimate Color Illumination and Contrast (UCIC™) technology enhances the transparency, image contrast and vibrancy of colors on the display. Brand managers can be assured UCIC can reproduce even the most distinctive branded hues.
- Consumer product showcase. The 32-inch box is ideal for a wide variety of products, including personal electronics, sporting goods, clothing, housewares and other consumer goods. Key messages or attributes can be highlighted on the display directly front of the merchandise. Third-party touch capabilities make it possible for customers to receive information about specific features or components by simply pointing at them on the glass panel.
- Exterior display space. The box can serve as standalone display on counters or end units. The exterior sides of the box can display complementary static signage or branding. The box comes standard in a fashion-forward white finish and is available in custom colors upon request.
- Build-a-box. With the Planar LookThru Installation Kit, custom displays, retail fixtures or kiosks can be turned into dynamic digital display boxes.
About PlanarPlanar Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR) is a global leader in digital display technology providing premier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar solutions are used by the world’s leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners, and customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.planar.com. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50278943&lang=en