- Eleventh consecutive quarter of growth in core revenue and adjusted EBITDA. Akorn’s core business consists of the ophthalmic, hospital drugs & injectables and contract services segments.
- Revenue growth of 103% over the comparable prior year quarter, or 46% excluding the impact of acquisitions.
- Generated $8.2 million in operating cash flow and ended quarter with $28.3 million in cash and cash equivalents.
- Completed the acquisition of certain assets of Kilitch Drugs (India) Limited which expands the Company’s capacity and capabilities in sterile injectables.
- Filed three new internally developed ANDAs with a combined annual market size of $625 million.
- On April 10, announced the FDA approval of vancomycin hydrochloride capsules, the generic version of ViroPharma’s Vancocin©.
Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKRX), a niche generic pharmaceutical company, today reported financial results for the first quarter of 2012. First Quarter Highlights