In addition to the good feeling of helping helpless animals, those who visit www.behumane.org and join at the Compassion Club level of $50 a month will be entered to win two tickets to the American Humane Association Hero Dog Awards™ in Hollywood and a VIP visit with Hero Dog headliner Betty White!Other major celebrities, charities, and companies are posting, tweeting, and otherwise spreading the word, encouraging Americans to get off the sidelines and actively become a voice for the voiceless, joining an effort that pioneered virtually every major advance in child and animal welfare. Did you know AHA:
- Worked to champion protections for farm animals back in 1877?
- Worked to save thousands of wounded horses on the battlefields during World War I?
- Helped save the bald eagle?
- Founded its famed Film and TV Unit in 1940 to make sure "No Animals Were Harmed®" for the sake of entertainment?
- Was a leader in tackling pet overpopulation, spay and neuter, and "puppy mills"?
- Created Adopt-a-Dog Month® and Adopt-A-Cat Month® to encourage adoption from overcrowded animal shelters and save millions of innocent lives?
- Has rescued more than 64,000 animals following hurricanes, floods, tornadoes and other disasters in just the past five years?
- Ensures the humane treatment of more than 135 million farm animals?