- Net income of $1.0 million or $0.12 per diluted share compared with net income of $1.2 million or $0.15 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2011;
- Excluding special items for each quarter, net income was $1.2 million or $0.15 per diluted share for 2012 versus a net loss of $3,000 or $0.00 per diluted share for 2011 (see reconciliation of non-GAAP items);
- Organic loan growth, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $44.2 million or 11% from 2011;
- Loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased $22.3 million or 25% from the first quarter of 2011;
- A decrease in provision for loan losses of $200,000 for the first quarter of 2012 compared with the same quarter for 2011;
- A significant decrease in annualized net charge-offs to 0.24% for the first quarter of 2012 from 2.80% for the first quarter of 2011; and
- A slight decline in nonperforming assets (NPAs) to total assets, excluding assets acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, to 1.27% for 2012 from 1.29% for 2011.
Heritage Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HBOS), the holding company for HeritageBank of the South, today announced unaudited financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. Highlights of the Company's results for the first quarter 2012 include: