- Improved scalability and performance with the Symantec Open Storage Technology (OST) platform with the introduction of OST .Next, allowing up to two million backups in an eight-node cluster – making years of critical data immediately available when needed.
- Scalable by either adding nodes or adding storage – an option not available from other deduplication vendors – allowing customers to scale two different ways and dramatically reduce future storage spending while improving efficiency.
- Easy expansion of data repository nodes, lowering the cost of initial storage investment while providing capacity to grow with business demands.
- Reduced memory requirements achieved by replicating only unique data, increasing the efficiency of LAN and WAN environments.
- Advanced security options with extended Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), tape-shredding functionality, full replication encryption, and the addition of Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) support for government agencies.
“Our customers are looking for data protection solutions that will ensure their critical data is safe and always available in the most efficient way possible, with high performance and low cost,” said Chris Young, manager of advanced technology at Netrix LLC., a FalconStor channel partner. “FalconStor VTL 7.5 gives IT managers a comprehensive set of flexible backup and deduplication options that allows them to create the fastest, most efficient backup and data management systems for their environments.”Availability and pricing FalconStor VTL 7.5 is available immediately as software only, a fully configured appliance or a virtual machine. Pricing ranges from $2,500 to $4,500 per terabyte under management depending on the configuration. FalconStor hosts online presentation and discussion Please register to join FalconStor’s VTL 7.5 launch presentation and discussion: Flexible Deduplication for All of Your Data, which takes place today, Thursday, April 26, at 11:00 a.m. EDT. Speakers include: Darrell Riddle, senior director, product marketing; and Tim Sheets, senior director, product management. About FalconStor Software FalconStor Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is the market leader in disk-based data protection. The company’s mission is to transform traditional backup and disaster recovery into next-generation service-oriented data protection. Built upon an award-winning platform, FalconStor solutions deliver disk-based backup, continuous data protection, WAN-optimized replication and disaster recovery automation. FalconStor solutions are available through a worldwide network of partners, including solution providers, top-tier strategic partners and major OEMs. Thousands of customers worldwide, from small businesses to Fortune 100 enterprises, entrust their data to FalconStor solutions. FalconStor maintains headquarters in Melville, N.Y., and offices throughout Europe and the Asia Pacific region. For more information, visit www.falconstor.com or call 1-866-NOW-FALC (866-669-3252). FalconStor and FalconStor Software are registered trademarks of FalconStor Software, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and product names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective holders. Links to websites or pages controlled by parties other than FalconStor are provided for the reader’s convenience and information only. FalconStor does not incorporate into this release the information found at those links nor does FalconStor represent or warrant that any information found at those links is complete or accurate. Use of information obtained by following these links is at the reader’s own risk.