- Revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $97.8 million, compared with $106.3 million for the same quarter one year ago.
- Net income in the first quarter of 2012 was $0.7 million, compared with $7.5 million in the first quarter of 2011.
- Quarterly earnings per share were $0.02, compared with $0.27 in the first quarter last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter of 2012 was $6.1 million, compared with $15.2 million in the first quarter of 2011.
- Strong growth in both domestic and international markets fueled a 20 percent year-over-year Q1 increase in Home Robot revenue. For the full year, we have increased our expectations for the Home Robot business and now expect revenue in this business unit to comprise 75 percent of total company revenue.
- Defense & Security Q1 results were below our expectations. We continue to experience funding delays that will impact Q2 revenue as well. We have reflected that impact in our lower full-year expectations for this business unit.
- In mid-April, we launched one of the largest domestic marketing campaigns in our history. The multifaceted media blitz, based on the concept “iRobot, Do You?”, includes an extensive integrated presence on television, online and print publications.
|Revenue||$102 - $112 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.05 - $0.13|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$7 - $10 million|
|Fiscal Year 2012:|
|Revenue||$465 - $485 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.75 - $0.95|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$56 - $63 million|
|Full-Year 2012 Business Unit Revenue|
|Home Robots||$345 - $355 million|
|Defense & Security Robots||$120 - $130 million|
|Date:||Wednesday, April 25, 2012|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. ET|