- The mid-roll video ad format continues to hold its place as the most engaging online ad placement and easily outperforms completion rates of pre-roll and post-roll ads. With an 87 percent completion rate, mid-roll ads are performing almost 30 percent better than pre-rolls. This placement is most comparable to traditional TV commercial breaks, which suggests audience willingness for consuming TV-like ad experiences online.
- Completion rates on mobile devices are the highest of any environment with 94 percent, suggesting that mobile viewers are more engaged and open to watching ads on the go in exchange for the content they want, where and when they want it.
- Live content continues to drive the highest engagement rates when compared to video-on-demand (VOD) content. The completion rate of video ads in live content now reaches 85 percent, almost one quarter higher (23 percent) than ads within VOD content. This suggests viewers understand they may miss their opportunity to see the content once the live event is over so they are more willing to stay focused during commercial breaks.
- An average of 5.5 video ads are now being served as part of long form, professional content. With an average completion rate of 70 percent, viewers are willing to watch more ads through their entirety in exchange for professional content. Completion rates of ads in professional content are higher (76 percent) compared to those in user-generated content (UGC) with 63 percent, which indicates the ability of professional content to better engage audiences.
- The majority of overlay ads continue to be delivered across UGC while the majority of linear ads are served across professional content.
Major components of Primetime include Adobe Auditude , the Adobe Digital Marketing Suite, Adobe Access, Adobe streaming technologies, Adobe Pass and Primetime Highlights. Primetime will be available in 2012 with support for Windows, Mac OS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Samsung SmartTVs and other platforms. For more information about Primetime and to download today’s report visit the Digital Media blog.About Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com. © 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo and Auditude are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.