“Signal is a secure mobile content publishing platform in that it gives you control of your content even after it’s delivered, both online and offline,” said Samir Mittal, Chief Technology Officer of Rimage. “Signal Online Publishing gives publishers a direct and differentiated channel to their subscribers. Signal offers the publisher a way to keep content encrypted in-transit, at rest and during playback. Signal gives subscribers a positive experience no matter who or where subscribers are and regardless of Internet connectivity.”Signal’s publishing wizard enables non-technical business users to efficiently publish content in the correct format the first time and every time:
- Companies can upload media of all formats, such as videos, images, audio and documents for viewing on iPads and nearly any Windows, Mac, iOS or Android device
- Transcoding and securing of files is streamlined into one step, regardless of the number of target devices, saving time for both business and IT
- Signal provides publishers the ability to invite subscribers and manage their content in a few simple clicks
- Security policies are enforced whether online or offline, so there is no need to worry even if a device is offline
- The platform’s powerful and persistent Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology is flexible to protect content while handling a variety of policies to support almost any business model
- Signal’s security minimizes risk associated with delivering content to vulnerable tablets and smart phones
“The development of Signal plays an important role in Rimage’s strategy to strengthen our position in digital content publishing – both on disc and online,” concluded Black. “With Signal, and the acquisition of Qumu, Rimage provides comprehensive solutions to securely manage content from start to finish, allowing our customers to simply and succinctly ‘Stream it. Push it. Burn it.’”Rimage invites participating members of NAB Show to join Samir Mittal, CTO at Rimage, at the Cloud Computing Conference on Monday, April 16 as part of the panel: Advanced Capabilities, New Features, Cost Advantages of Cloud Computing Solutions. The panel session will take place in Conference Room N232 of the North Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center and will discuss the very latest ways cloud computing is being applied throughout the creation and distribution chain in television and radio programming, motion pictures, corporate A/V production and user-generated content. About Signal Rimage Signal Online Publishing is a secure mobile content publishing platform that directly pushes documents and rich media to desktops and mobile devices, making content globally accessible online or offline. Keep your subscribers productive by supporting the devices they choose and delivering content in the right format every time. Reduce your business risk by staying in control of your business content - wherever it goes. About Rimage Corporation Founded in 1978, Rimage Corporation (NASDAQ: RIMG) helps businesses deliver digital content directly and securely to their customers, employees, and partners. Rimage’s Qumu business is well established in the rapidly growing enterprise video communications market. Rimage’s Signal online publishing platform automatically pushes secure mobile content to nearly any mobile device or computer. Qumu and Signal, in combination with Rimage’s CD, DVD and Blu-ray-Disc™ publishing solutions, enable businesses to securely deliver their videos, documents, audio files and images in today’s multi-platform, multi-device world. Rimage supplies thousands of customers in North America, Europe and Asia with industry-leading solutions that increase engagement, collaboration and control. Additional information can be found at www.rimagecorp.com. Blu-ray Disc™ is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.