To mark the first anniversary, The Times will offer a special thank you gift to existing digital subscribers and home delivery subscribers who have linked their accounts for digital access. Later this month, those subscribers will be invited to give a gift of a 12-week subscription to the NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps package to a non-subscribing friend or family member.More details about The New York Times’s digital subscriptions:
- Beginning in April, all users of NYTimes.com will be able to enjoy 10 articles at no charge each month (including slideshows, videos and other forms of content). Beyond 10 articles and for unlimited access * to the site, users will be asked to become digital subscribers.
- On The Times’s smartphone and tablet applications, the Top News sections will remain free. To delve deeper into the apps’ other sections, users will be asked to become digital subscribers.
- Readers who come to Times articles through links from e-mail, search, blogs and social media will continue to be able to access those individual articles, even if they have reached their reading limit. For some search engines, users will have a daily limit of five free links to Times articles.
- The Times is continuing to offer three digital subscription packages that allow users to choose the devices on which they want to access Times content. NYTimes.com will be included as part of any subscription. Details and pricing for these plans are available at http://www.nytimes.com/subscriptions/Multiproduct/lp5558.html?campaignId=39UR4.
- All New York Times home delivery newspaper subscribers continue to receive free, unlimited access* to NYTimes.com and the full content on all of The Times’s applications. Home delivery subscribers can go to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/link/homedelivery to sign up for free access.
- Subscribers to the print edition of the International Herald Tribune, the global edition of The New York Times, continue to receive free, unlimited access* to NYTimes.com and access to the IHT’s various mobile products.
- The homepage at NYTimes.com and all section fronts will remain free to browse for all users at all times.
For more details about The Times’s digital subscriptions, go to http://www.nytimes.com/subscriptions/Multiproduct/lp6128.html?campaignId=39UWH.About The New York Times Company The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.