Among the advanced features of the new hospital are:
- Enhanced healthcare information technology capabilities, including electronic medical record systems with bedside computer charting at all patient care locations;
- Emergency Department with 22 private exam and treatment rooms;
- Radiology Department with cutting edge diagnostic capabilities including a Wide Bore MRI and 64-Slice CT Scanner;
- Surgical Department with five state-the-art Operating Rooms and two Endoscopy Suites;
- Eight-bed Intensive Care Unit;
- 36-bed Medical/Surgical Unit in which all rooms are private;
- Center for Women and Babies with luxurious Labor/Delivery/Recovery Suites featuring Tempur-Pedic® mattresses, whirlpool tubs and tranquil post-partum rooms and nursery;
- 25-bed Skilled Nursing Facility and therapy gym;
- Private admitting and registration suites; and
- Community dining room, meeting rooms, outdoor patio and chef’s garden.
The new hospital and medical office building are located on One Hospital Drive, a highly visible and easily accessible location adjacent to I-64 and the Bypass in Winchester. A Community Open House will be held on Saturday, March 24, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. during which community members are invited to tour the new facility. The hospital will be fully operational with all patients transferred by March 31.About Clark Regional Medical Center Part of LifePoint Hospitals ®, Clark Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is an acute care community hospital which has served the residents of east central Kentucky since 1917. The hospital has more than 100 physicians, 400 employees, and 75 volunteers and operates a family medicine and immediate care center in Winchester and a rural health clinic in Powell County. CRMC is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. About LifePoint Hospitals LifePoint Hospitals® (NASDAQ: LPNT) is a leading hospital company focused on providing quality healthcare services close to home. Through its subsidiaries, LifePoint operates 54 hospital campuses in 18 states, including nine hospitals in Kentucky: Bluegrass Community Hospital in Versailles, Bourbon Community Hospital in Paris, Georgetown Community Hospital in Georgetown, Jackson Purchase Medical Center in Mayfield, Logan Memorial Hospital in Russellville, Meadowview Regional Medical Center in Maysville, and Spring View Hospital in Lebanon. With a mission of “Making Communities Healthier®,” LifePoint is the sole community hospital provider in the majority of the communities it serves. More information about the company, headquartered in Brentwood, Tenn., can be found at www.LifePointHospitals.com. All references to “LifePoint,” “LifePoint Hospitals” or the “Company” used in this release refer to LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. or its affiliates.