About Wells Fargo Home Loans
- Wells Fargo originates one in every four home loans in the country, and services one of every six.
- In the fourth quarter of 2011, more than 92 percent of Wells Fargo’s mortgage customers remained current on their loan payments.
- Since January 2009 through January 2012, the company had 733,180 active trial and completed modifications. Of those modifications, 84 percent were done through Wells Fargo’s own modification programs and 16 percent were through the federal government’s Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).
- As of the fourth quarter in 2011, Wells Fargo’s delinquency and foreclosure rates remain significantly below the industry average.
- Less than 2.0 percent of the loans secured by owner-occupied homes and serviced by Wells Fargo resulted in a foreclosure sale in the last 12 months.
- Just 7.96 percent of the first mortgage and home equity loans Wells Fargo services were past due or in foreclosure in the third quarter of 2011 compared to an industry average of 10.88 percent.