- $600,000 over three years to the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater to help Ailey create a year-round signature dance program that includes AileyCamp Newark, a program that teaches disciplined dance training, personal skills development and behavior competencies.
- $1 million over three years to Achieve for its work with states to raise K-12 academic standards, assessments and accountability policies to ensure that all students graduate from high school ready for college, careers and life.
- $1.2 million over three years in general operating support to New Leaders, national organization that develops exceptional school leaders to help ensure the academic success of all children, especially those living in poverty and students of color.
- $1 million over three years to the Community Food Bank of New Jersey to help it reach the goals of its $15 million capital campaign to fund renovations and expansions to its existing facilities, truck fleet and technology.
- $1.85 million to The Washington Center to renew and expand The Prudential Foundation Global Citizens Program, which over the next three years will bring 120 students from Brazil, China, India, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan to Washington DC for an enriched experiential and internship experience.
The Prudential Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation supported by The Prudential Insurance Company of America, a subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. The Prudential Foundation focuses its grant making strategy in the areas of education, economic development and arts and civic infrastructure; and it supports community engagement efforts of Prudential employees through Matching Gifts and other programs that recognize their volunteer work.Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a financial services leader with approximately $901 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2011, has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Prudential’s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management. In the U.S., Prudential’s iconic Rock symbol has stood for strength, stability, expertise and innovation for more than a century. For more information, please visit http://www.news.prudential.com/.