- Dacogen® (decitabine) for Injection royalty revenue was $60.5 million for 2011 compared to $52.5 million for 2010, an increase of approximately 15% from the prior year.
- The Company ended 2011 with unrestricted cash, cash equivalents, and current and non-current marketable securities totaling $128.1 million compared to $120.4 million at December 31, 2010.
- The Company completed the acquisition of Astex Therapeutics Limited in July 2011, and the operating results of the acquisition have been consolidated in the Company’s operating results effective July 20, 2011.
- The Company expanded its product pipeline following the Astex acquisition to include four company-sponsored phase II programs and four partner-sponsored clinical programs.
- In September 2011, the Company changed its name from SuperGen, Inc. to Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., trading on NASDAQ with ticker symbol “ASTX.”
Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTX), today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011. The Company reported net income for the 2011 fourth quarter of $220,000, or $0.00 per basic and diluted share, compared with net income of $6.7 million, or $0.11 per basic and diluted share, for the same prior year period. The Company reported net income for the year ended December 31, 2011 of $5.5 million, or $0.07 per basic and diluted share, compared with net income of $16.3 million, or $0.27 per basic and diluted share, for the same prior year period. Company Highlights of 2011 include: