- The GOP presidential candidate that these small-business owners say will be best for supporting small-business issues is Mitt Romney, with 23 percent of respondents behind him; however, “none” is the choice of 20 percent surveyed and another 20 percent remain undecided.
- More than 70 percent of survey respondents – all owners or partial owners of U.S. businesses with 1-100 employees – claim that the stalled economy has had a negative impact on their business.
Also featured today is an interview with chef Ming Tsai, Emmy award-winning host of the public television cooking show “Simply Ming” and owner of Blue Ginger restaurant, offering his personal tips for entrepreneurs and aspiring small-business owners. This kicks off a broader series with Yahoo! Small Business Advisor spotlighting celebrity small-business owners. Future small-business tips will be provided by other celebrity entrepreneurs, including Dylan Lauren, CEO and Founder of Dylan’s Candy Bar.Yahoo! Small Business Advisor will include original articles and videos from Yahoo!’s own Small Business experts, while top-tier partners including Entrepreneur, Inc. and Reuters contribute best-in-class small-business news. Yahoo! Small Business Advisor showcases some of Yahoo!’s patented technologies and new features, including:
- Yahoo!'s Content Optimization Relevance Engine (C.O.R.E.) – also used by Yahoo! editorial programmers as a guide in Yahoo! homepage programming, which enables Advisor to learn what is interesting to users and surface those types of articles for easy navigation and content discovery
- Yahoo! Social Bar highlights the business news a user’s personal social network is reading and talking about
- Yahoo!’s Livestand iPad app provides “anytime, anywhere” access to Advisor content, which includes small-business articles, videos, blogs, and Twitter feeds
- Yahoo! Answers allows users to tap the wisdom of the community to answer pressing small-business questions