Simulations Plus, Inc. (NASDAQ: SLP), a leading provider of simulation and modeling software for pharmaceutical discovery and development, today reported preliminary revenues for its second quarter of fiscal year 2012 ended February 29, 2012 (2QFY12). Results below are reported for continuing operations (without the discontinued operations of the Company’s former Words+ subsidiary), except as noted. 2QFY12 highlights compared with 2QFY11:
- This was the Company’s 18th consecutive profitable quarter and the 40th of the last 42 quarters.
- Preliminary revenues increased to $2.789 million from $2.622 million – a new record for any quarter.
- Approximately 15% of revenues came from new software licenses.
- Approximately 4% of revenues came from consulting studies.
- Cash as of February 29, 2012 was approximately $13.3 million, up 52% from $8.8 million on February 28, 2011. On March 1, the Company paid approximately $0.8 million for its first ongoing dividend of $0.05 per share per quarter, leaving approximately $12.5 million.