NeoPhotonics Corporation (NYSE: NPTN), a leading designer and manufacturer of photonic integrated circuit, or PIC, based modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high speed communications networks, today announced that it would make the following presentations at the Optical Fiber Conference (OFC) to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, March 5-8, 2012. The presentations describe applications of Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs) in advanced access networks and in next generation reconfigurable optical add drop multiplexer (ROADM) networks.
- Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 3:15-3:45 pm (NTu1J.6), David Piehler, Ph.D., “PICs in PONs” (invited talk) in the session “FTTx Technologies, Deployment and Applications”
- Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 2:15-2:30 pm (NW3F.5), Winston Way, Ph.D., “Optimum Architecture for M×N Multicast Switch-Based Colorless, Directionless, Contentionless, and Flexible-Grid ROADM” in the session “ROADM Network Architectures”
- Sunday, March 4, 2012, 4:30-7:30 pm (OSu1D), David Piehler, Ph.D., will participate and present a talk entitled “PON Transceiver Modules for the Present and Future” in the Workshop entitled “Energy and Cost-efficient Components and Architectures for Future Optical-Access Systems”
- Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 3:00-5:00 PM (Market Watch), Tim Jenks will participate in the Panel Discussion “Market Trends for Passive Optical Networks”
- Thursday, March 8, 2012, 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM (NTh4J), Winston Way, Ph.D., will participate in the Panel Discussion “100G Deployments”
About NeoPhotonicsNeoPhotonics is a leading designer and manufacturer of photonic integrated circuit, or PIC, based modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high-speed communications networks. The company’s products enable cost-effective, high-speed data transmission and efficient allocation of bandwidth over communications networks. NeoPhotonics maintains headquarters in San Jose, California and ISO 9001:2000 certified engineering and manufacturing facilities in Silicon Valley and Shenzhen, China. NeoPhotonics has been included in the Russell 3000 ® Index since its reconstitution in June 2011. For additional information, visit www.neophotonics.com. © 2012 NeoPhotonics Corporation. All rights reserved. NeoPhotonics and the red dot logo are trademarks of NeoPhotonics Corporation. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.