- A Santorum campaign source said that the former Pennsylvania called Romney: "Congratulated him on a good night," but "not 'conceded.' "
- The Associated Press reporting:
- Michigan results: Romney 41.7%; Rick Santorum 37.3%; Ron Paul 11.5%; Newt Gingrich 6.7%. Precincts reporting: 63.2%;
- Arizona results: Romney 49.7%; Santorum 24.2%; Gingrich 16%; Paul 8.5%. Precincts reporting: 27.1%;
- Romney has bagged Arizona's 29 winner-take-all delegates.
Though Arizona's delegates at stake were only one less than the 30 delegates available in Michigan, the perception had been that a Romney loss in his home state would deal a critical blow to his national campaign. It appears he's overcome that worry.Romney's victories could very well set the tone for Super Tuesday -- a watershed moment in the race for the GOP presidential nomination -- but he'll have to immediately return to the trail Wednesday if he hopes to wrap up the nomination. Currently, Santorum is surging in Ohio and has gained traction in Georgia; the two states award 142 delegates on March 6. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.