- Stabilize and then profitably grow North America soup and simple meals;
- Expand the company’s international presence; and
- Continue to drive growth in healthy beverages and baked snacks.
These nimble, cross-functional innovation teams are initially focused on three specific platforms in the U.S. Simple Meals business: soup beyond the can; meals beyond soup; and new meal-maker products.Morrison highlighted several innovations that will hit the market early in the company’s next fiscal year, including:
- “Campbell’s Go! Soup,” will launch with five to six varieties of pouch soups in a broad range of distinctive global flavors, such as Coconut Curry and Moroccan Chicken.
- The company will extend the “Campbell’s Go!” platform with a line of simple meal solutions that are designed to appeal to younger consumer and will include contemporary packaging and graphics.
- A new line of “ Campbell’s Skillet Sauces” that will offer consumers delicious, fast and contemporary dinner solutions in three easy steps.
- A new line of bold aseptically-packaged soups called “ Campbell’s Gourmet Bisques,” which will include varieties like Thai Tomato Coconut and Tomato Roasted Garlic Bacon.
- A broadened range of soups, stews, chilis and chowders under the “ Campbell’s Slow Kettle” brand – a line that has attracted Millennials and affluent consumers since its launch.
Morrison concluded, “We’re in the midst of a strategic turnaround, and we’ve made a solid start in advancing the growth strategies we announced last July. Our early efforts give you a sense of the company we’re building under our new leadership team. It’s a company focused outward on consumers and seeking new ways to grow our business around the world. One that’s more innovative, balanced and agile. A company that draws inspiration from its past, but is focused on its future.”Morrison shared these details with investors and the news media at the CAGNY conference today at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time. A replay of the webcast of the presentation will be available at investor.campbellsoupcompany.com approximately two hours after the conclusion of the presentation. About Campbell Soup Company Campbell Soup Company is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soup and sauces, baked snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including “Campbell’s,” “Pepperidge Farm,” “Arnott’s” and “V8.” Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoup.com.