- Closure was submitted by San Diego-based Eyebrow Interactive and the three-person team consisting of: Tyler Glaiel, team leader; Jon Schubbe, art/animation; and Chris Rhyne, sound/music. Closure is a unique and stylistic puzzle platformer that focuses on the concepts of light and shadow. Players are challenged to manipulate lights to effectively change the shape of the world they're in and bring gameplay objects in and out of existence.
- Technical Achievement ($2,500): Symphony
- Achievement in Art Direction ($2,500): The Bridge
- Achievement in Gameplay ($2,500): The Bridge
- Gamer’s Choice Award ($2,500): Nitronic Rush
For more information on the competition and to learn more about each of the winners, visit: www.IndieGameChallenge.com.About the Indie Game Challenge The Indie Game Challenge (IGC) is an annual competition for video game developers offering more than $250,000 in prizes for professional and non-professional categories. Founded by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, The Guildhall at SMU and GameStop, the IGC was created to foster game development innovation by independent developers. Prizes include cash awards, scholarships, national consumer exposure for the top games and an opportunity for the finalists to obtain professional feedback and seek commercial avenues for their games through face-to-face meetings with representatives from the leading video game publishers. For more information on the IGC visit www.IndieGameChallenge.com, www.interactive.org, http://guildhall.smu.edu or www.GameStop.com . *To get images and assets, please contact Wendy Dominguez and she can provide FTP site details.